Sarcoid Treatment – Tumeric…

Friendship Training Forums FT General Forum Homeopathy Sarcoid Treatment – Tumeric…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  FT Editor 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ian McCallum
    Participant

Hi folks,

Let me start off by saying that I’m not a get believer in alternative medicines, but I have seen some promising results with my pony’s sarcoids.

Tilly my pony has two sarcoids, one next to her left eye and the other on the eyelid.

We’ve had her on a preparation of turmeric, ground black pepper and vegetable oil mix for about three weeks now. In that time, the one on the eyelid has disappeared, I believe. The one next to her eye has shrunk by half.

The vet still wants to treat it with topical chemotherapy injections to maximise the chances of eliminating the sarcoids altogether.

Andree Ralph
    Participant

Hi Ian, I have had very similar results with the turmeric mix and sarcoids.
    I have had a pony treated with the BCG injection many years ago on a sarcoids on his eye and aside from it not really working, it was such a traumatic experience for all of us, I wouldn’t choose that route lightly again.
    When we took on a TB mare 5 years ago, she had awful sarcoids on her eye and chest and tucked up in every crease of her legs. Slowly over the last two years since discovering the turmeric mix, they have nearly all gone. It has been fascinating watching her body almost push each one out until it dropped off.
    I really pleased you have found it’s worked for you and Tilly too.
    Andree

FT Editor
    Keymaster

That is amazing! I started using turmeric ages ago just because and stopped it as I felt I could not give enough to make a difference.

How do you guys prepare it and present it to your horse?

Ian McCallum
    Participant

My vet wants to use an injection based on 5-fluoruracil, the active ingredient of ‘Liverpool cream’.

Ian McCallum
    Participant

We mix it with some chaff and a little mix, add the Turmeric powder and a little sunflower oil and mix well.

Trisha Stewart
    Participant

Do you use a tablespoon of the dried turmeric or less? also you need to add black pepper (piperine) to activiate the turmeric.

Turmeric for Horses

Thanks for the prompt at looking at this again. Willow has some kind of bacterial problem either greasy heel or something. I got the vet out for confirmation which was a complete waste of time lol!

Going to make some of this up today, it is just how much they can tolerate really.

Ian McCallum
    Participant

The yard manager uses Global Herbs Turmeric supplement in a 1.8kg tub. It’s already got the turmeric and ground black pepper in it. You use a scoop full in a feed (small scoop provided) and mix with 10ml (2 teaspoons) of sunflower oil.

FT Editor
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing that Ian, you have ignited my interest in the golden paste, I had forgotten how useful it can be, I gave it up ages ago as I thought I could never give enough to make a difference but you have shown that it can work. Hope Tilly continues to improve, Willow is going to be on it later today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.