Seemingly impolite horsey behaviour

Friendship Training Forums FT Family Topics and Conversations on FT Seemingly impolite horsey behaviour

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chuck Mintzlaff 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Louise Seaton
    Participant

Hi Chuck.

I wonder if you or anyone else can give me some advice.

I have found with Coqueta recently that she is becoming quite dominant (impolite) around me. She is very pushy for treats and does occasionally nip at me to give her one. I tell her ‘NO’ and just walk of muttering to myself, but loud enough for her to hear me, about how i don’t understand how she could do that to me, and how disappointed i am in her. I have tried the initial advice you gave me Chuck, but it hasn’t worked, (more likely I didn’t do it properly) and she just doesn’t seem too bothered anyway. The other thing she has started to do in recent weeks is to completely block my path, she is almost on top of me. I know she is asking for another treat. I always have the treat bag on and forgive me for being dumb, but would the answer be to only have the treat bag when we are doing our FT exercises. I think I may have just answered my own question? I realise that it is me doing the wrong thing that has caused this behaviour and i would like to have a deeper relationship with her rather than a treat based one.
    Has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

Thanks guys

Chuck Mintzlaff
    Participant

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm………….Doubt that avoidance / hiding or not wearing the treat bag is going to help Louise.

Body blocking, as with everything else is a form of communication.

It would really help if you could send me a few videos.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.