Now that you have successfully completed Module 1 which is the first and most important part of your journey, I am now going to share with you the second part of this wonderful journey for you and your horse, taking you both to the next level of friendship and above all trust.
In Module 2, the horse learns the beginnings of patience and that coming to their teacher whenever they choose to, (and touching them gently) is overwhelmingly welcomed and appreciated at all times.
The overall aim here is that your horse is listening to you and sharing time with you, the reason for that is in the longer term, when you actually NEED his/her attention, to ward off any problems you both may face, he/she is listening!
But first a little reminder of why you are following the FT Training Modules:
The Three Principles of Friendship Training
- Make my horse feel they are the most special horse in the world. This is the goal of the Friendship Training Exercises. Combined, they are the means that offers the opportunity to reach the essential levels of intimacy to make the horse feel they are not only ‘special,’ but overwhelmingly appreciated and loved.
- Give my horse every opportunity to live a stress-free, pain-free, joyful life. From birth to death, giving our horse a stress-free, pain-free, joyful life encompasses a wide range of subjects that affect our horse’s emotional and physical well-being. Stress hormones diminish learning. Positive reinforcement is more efficient and long-lasting. Bitless, hoof care, social environment, nutrition and physical conditioning are basic considerations.
- The relationship I share with my horse and their well-being, will take precedence over all else, regardless of where we are, or what we are doing. For what we share is priceless.
- Freedom of Choice (We ask, not order.)
- Freedom of Movement (No restriction of any kind may used for teaching/training.)
- Freedom of Expression (The horse is always encouraged to express their feelings, as long as it does not in any way injure their human teacher).
Remember, do not get caught up in other people's opinions no matter how hard it is to ignore those who have no real desire to have the best for their horse, focus and then focus some more you will see the benefits in volumes.